• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor decision to alter terms of will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

This is what I was looking for. Thank you. I've told you all the facts. Sibling executor thought he could unilaterally "interpret" the will to his liking and the attorney undoubtedly set him straight so he fixed it before the estate closed.
Bump for the Roger that can't "post" . :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is what I was looking for. Thank you. I've told you all the facts. Sibling executor thought he could unilaterally "interpret" the will to his liking and the attorney undoubtedly set him straight so he fixed it before the estate closed.
The administrator has the obligation to properly administer the estate. His interpretation of the law was probably correct in that the inter vivos gift to you could be considered a part of the estate and, therefore affect your distribution. Upon further contemplation and consultation with legal counsel, the administrator changed his position, likely because, even though he felt he was right, he simply didn't have enough evidence to prove it in court when/if the time came.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">