• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Homer2big

What is the name of your state? PA
An Estate Attorney informed me that the "customary" Executor fees in PA are 5% for the 1st $100k and 4% for the 2nd $100k.

My question: may I pay myself more? I've tracked the hours spent on settling the Estate; time off from work to do so; etc... and it is more than the "customary" $7,800 ($170k gross estate) I have coming.

Note: there are no attorney fees at this time as I am not using one. These would've been 6% & 5%.

Homer2big

"Most Executors don't take any money for being Executor"

You're basing this off of what?

You obviously have your head in the sand.

Homer2big

Peppylady - I still would like to know where you get "most people do not take money..."

I'll remember the next time a sibling ask me, on their death bed, to handle their Estate to refuse.

Homer2big

I can see that reading is not your strong point. The very first sentence of my post indicated I spoke with an attorney and got their "customary" percentages. I was simply asking if it was Legal, since this a Legal advice site, to exceed the customary percentages an ATTORNEY stated. No one has given any answer for me to like or dislike. I will research the site "Senior Judge" provided for a possible answer.

So, one example of someone not "taking a dime" equals "most people"??????

PS - my sibling that passed was an Executor twice in his time and knew the challenges all too well therefore insisted I pay my self from his Estate knowing it was going to be a huge under-taking beings that I am over 50 miles from his home, a small business to handle, numerous creditors, etc...

Homer2big

I have visited the site Senior Judge mentioned and it was helpful. Thank you.

Peppylady - thanks for absolutely zero advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">