• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor fees, expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rfordtuff

What is the name of your state? TX

I am named as the ind. executor of my fathers estate. I will need to sell his property including home, automobile and upkeep on premises until sold and then distibute the money to my siblings. Are the expenses associated with the upkeep reimbursible upon sale of the assets and how do you go about collecting an executor fee?

Thanks

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? TX

I am named as the ind. executor of my fathers estate. I will need to sell his property including home, automobile and upkeep on premises until sold and then distibute the money to my siblings. Are the expenses associated with the upkeep reimbursible upon sale of the assets and how do you go about collecting an executor fee?

Thanks
double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=310964

rfordtuff

Not clear why you call it a double post

The double post you reference is asking who gets what if the will doesn't specify, what I am asking here is an understanding concerning executor costs-- since I am the executor I have to cover the upkeep of the property, attorney fees, travel expenses to and from the property, etc---

When and how do I reimburse myself for these expenses--do I have to wait unitil everything is settled (One lump sum) or can I do it when I get some of the assets sold and as the funds become available. Exactly what expenses are reimbusible??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">