• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor keeping 4 times more than siblings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KC21

What is the name of your state? West Virginia. My sister just sent me a check for $17,000. My father's house sold for $120,000 (or so she said) and she claims there were various other expenses. 1. How can I find out what the house actually sold for? 2. Is it worth suing her as she obviously is not being honest in this matter?

BlondiePB

KC21 said:
What is the name of your state? West Virginia. My sister just sent me a check for $17,000. My father's house sold for $120,000 (or so she said) and she claims there were various other expenses. 1. How can I find out what the house actually sold for? 2. Is it worth suing her as she obviously is not being honest in this matter?
Go to the courthouse and get a copy of the file. It will cost a fee for this. Then, you can review exactly how the executor handled the estate. Remember, the executor is entitled to an exector fee for handling the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">