• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor Misrepresentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MR.T

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA
Its states in my fathers wll his intent is to despose of all of his property
asto he makes a trust and devise and bequeth to my cousen in trust. distribution from the
trust going through a C.P.A. give my tax returnes to my cousen with in 30 days from that
time my cousen sapost to make distribution from the trust.
My first question is what if he does not make the distribution from the trust and i donot have enough money to hire and attorney and i cannot find and attorney that will take my case on a contengeny
my cousen is the executor,trustee what if my cousen promise me that i will get certen real property from my fathers estate after the estate has been adminastered.and now he will not give me the deed to my property thank you for any advice

Last edited:

Dandy Don

First check at the county courthouse probate court to see if a will has been filed. If there is no will filed, then all assets may have been put into the trust.

You have a right to a copy of the trust, so send the trustee a certified letter asking for a copy of the trust and to please respond within 7 days. IF he does not respond within that time, start interviewing attorneys in person to find one willing to represent you. A smart attorney who knows you will be receiving something from the trust may be willing to defer his fee until you are able to find out how much you will be receiving from the trust, and let's hope trustee didn't persuade the decedent to give him everything in the trust and leave you out.

You really can't do anything until you find an attorney willing to help you figure out what is going on here.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">