• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

railgirl

What is the name of your state? california
my friend passed away and I have been living in one of her two homes for seven years. The executor,whom I know is wanting me to leave the property. Do I have to vacate? Why can't I wait for the new owner that inherits the house to decide on what they want to do? If they decide to sale the house, I would like to buy it. I want to stay in the house as long as I can. It appears probate is going to take awhile. I keep the utilities paid and the upkeep on the house. Please respond asap!
thanks,
railgirl

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? california
my friend passed away and I have been living in one of her two homes for seven years. The executor,whom I know is wanting me to leave the property. Do I have to vacate? Why can't I wait for the new owner that inherits the house to decide on what they want to do? If they decide to sale the house, I would like to buy it. I want to stay in the house as long as I can. It appears probate is going to take awhile. I keep the utilities paid and the upkeep on the house. Please respond asap!
thanks,
railgirl
**A: in the absence of a written lease, you are a month to month tenant. Now if you pay no rent, it would make sense to ask you to vacate. Read the CA L/T law for your rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">