• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor rights and timely protocol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cougarmg

My mother passed 9/13/07. I went to probate 10/2/07 and am the executor of my mother's estate. She had an account at Morgan Stanley. I filled out the form to open an executor account which has taken place. Also the form to cash out totally the Step up basis amount of mother's account. Sent the death certificate, letter of Testamentary. The last form they had forgotten was the Affidavit of Domicle and debts they received last Monday before 10 am. They say they have all the necessary paperwork. In 4 years the account acquired about 180 securities. Today Morgan Stanley says they have one person who handles the estate accounts and cannot give me a time factor on when the executor account will be funded.
Does this sound correct? Is there any way to see quicker expedition of the funding for beneficiaries and bills?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">