• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor in trouble?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forumfriend

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Iowa

I have a friend acting as executor for both his parents wills, now in probate. My concern is his siblings have convinced him that it's okay that they are continuing to use his mother's credit cards. As executor, what can he be advised? I fear legal backlash. This may not be the only munipulation being made. At his expense?

BlondiePB

forumfriend said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Iowa

I have a friend acting as executor for both his parents wills, now in probate. My concern is his siblings have convinced him that it's okay that they are continuing to use his mother's credit cards. As executor, what can he be advised? I fear legal backlash. This may not be the only munipulation being made. At his expense?
Your friend's siblings are committing credit card fraud. Your friend is an idiot for listening to the siblings and for allowing this. This needs to be stopped immediately by cancelling the cards.

S

seniorjudge

BlondiePB said:
Your friend's siblings are committing credit card fraud. Your friend is an idiot for listening to the siblings and for allowing this. This needs to be stopped immediately by cancelling the cards.
My advice:

Your friend and your friend's siblings are committing credit card fraud. Your friend is an idiot and a crook for listening to the siblings and for allowing this. This needs to be stopped immediately by cancelling the cards and reporting the fraud to the probate court so this executor can be replaced immediately.

forumfriend

regarding cancellation of credit cards and replacement of executor....Is there any possible way the family can halt the fraud, agree as a family to repay debt incurred without legal action? (....I care for idiot executor)

S

seniorjudge

forumfriend said:
regarding cancellation of credit cards and replacement of executor....Is there any possible way the family can halt the fraud, agree as a family to repay debt incurred without legal action? (....I care for idiot executor)
My opinion only (not legal advice):

If the executor immediately resigned and full restitution was made (and I mean $$, not a "payment plan"), that would go a long way in the authorities treating this bunch of scalawags with a tiny drop of mercy.

The longer this goes on, the worse it will get, so stop it immediately and repair the damage which is, I repeat: 100% restitution and resignation of the executor.

forumfriend

forumfriend said:
Can anyone please advise me on how to help the executor(& idiot family?) The 3 brothers are also parents & I would like, if possible, for the grandkids (the sole beneficiaries) to not have to experience the loss of their parents freedom, and their trusts-in addition to the loss of their grandparents. .....{HELP! "The unfortunate non-relative that knows to much!}

S

seniorjudge

seniorjudge said:

If the executor immediately resigned and full restitution was made (and I mean $$, not a "payment plan"), that would go a long way in the authorities treating this bunch of scalawags with a tiny drop of mercy.

The longer this goes on, the worse it will get, so stop it immediately and repair the damage which is, I repeat: 100% restitution and resignation of the executor.
No one has any magic bullets.

BlondiePB

seniorjudge said:

If the idiot, crook executor immediately resigned and full restitution was made (and I mean $$, not a "payment plan"), that would go a long way in the authorities treating this bunch of idiot scalawags with a tiny drop of mercy.

The longer this goes on, the worse and worse it will get and there will be absolutely no mercy, so stop it immediately and repair the damage which is, I repeat: 100% restitution and resignation of the executor.

S

seniorjudge

BlondiePB said:

If the idiot, crook executor immediately resigned and full restitution was made (and I mean $$, not a "payment plan"), that would go a long way in the authorities treating this bunch of idiot scalawags with a tiny drop of mercy.

The longer this goes on, the worse and worse it will get and there will be absolutely no mercy, so stop it immediately and repair the damage which is, I repeat: 100% restitution and resignation of the executor.
Excellent advice. I like the way you think!

BlondiePB

forumfriend said:
Can anyone please advise me on how to help the executor(& idiot family?) The 3 brothers are also parents & I would like, if possible, for the grandkids (the sole beneficiaries) to not have to experience the loss of their parents freedom, and their trusts-in addition to the loss of their grandparents. .....{HELP! "The unfortunate non-relative that knows to much!}
Give your idiot executor friend a good, swift kick in the a$$. Then, make him call an attorney immediately to resolve this and make restitution.

forumfriend

BlondiePB said:
Give your idiot executor friend a good, swift kick in the a$$. Then, make him call an attorney immediately to resolve this and make restitution.
Thanks for all the imput....Sounds like there isn't much I can do. Is there a snow balls chance that the 'fraud' wont be discovered if the credit card payments do not fall past due? (now I feel I'm really grasping)

S

seniorjudge

forumfriend said:
Thanks for all the imput....Sounds like there isn't much I can do. Is there a snow balls chance that the 'fraud' wont be discovered if the credit card payments do not fall past due? (now I feel I'm really grasping)
We don't give answers that help people do stuff like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">