• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executors - Why do they get more $$?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carmela916

New York State

My mother just pasted away. She has a total of 13 kids. She created a will and appointed two of my siblings executors. She nor the other siblings were aware that executors are entitled to an extra percentage. We simply thought the executors would only carry out the will.

She has a house worth about 1.3 million dollars. We (the other 11 kids) were told that the two executors are entitle to extra money from her estate but we do not think it is fare.

I know if my mom was alive she would want everything split evenly so she would have made us all executors. I have very greedy siblings so I know they will except the extra money.

Can you tell me if there is anyway to fight this? And what is the percentage an executor will get in NYC?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">