• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executrix of Estate, selling abilities?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lamb888

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

My oldest sister is the exec of my parents estate. She lives in FL, I am in NJ, along with one other sister, and the 3rd sister lives un VA.

3 of us want to list the estate with a realator, but the one in VA doesn't want to. She is NOT the executrix!

My question is, can my sister that is the exec go ahead and sign with a real estate company, without my sis in VA's permission?

We are loosing money, due to the upkeep of the estate, ie, property taxes, house insurance, etc. There are 3 houses on 4 lots in NJ, and one home in VA, which my sister that lives there is taking as part of her inheritance. She just can't seem to let go of the houses that my Dad built here in NJ! This isn't fair to the rest of us.:mad:

I live in one of the houses in NJ that my Dad built back in 1947, and it has so much mold, it is affecting my health, and my sons heath, too! BUT~I can't move out untill it is sold, because I need the money from the inheratence first!:(

PLEASE, someone help? Thank you, any advice would be truely appreciatted.

seniorjudge

Q: My question is, can my sister that is the exec go ahead and sign with a real estate company, without my sis in VA's permission?

A: What does the will and/or grant of letters say in answer to your question?

lamb888

The will says,

Q: My question is, can my sister that is the exec go ahead and sign with a real estate company, without my sis in VA's permission?

A: What does the will and/or grant of letters say in answer to your question?
That it gives all authority to the Executrix, to carry out my mothers wishes as soon as possible.

seniorjudge

A: That it gives all authority to the Executrix, to carry out my mothers wishes as soon as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">