• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executrix and loans in husbands name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saar4321

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa I am executrix of husbands estate and I am finding he has debts I did not know about. Am I responsible to pay these debts. He died broke with no savings, no checking and no will. However there is a home with his name only on the mortgage

FlyingRon

If these are marital debts, you may be responsible as being the spouse.
If they are not marital debts, the estate is responsible. As the executor, you're responsible for directing payments from the estate if that is possible, but not out of your pocket (though it would decrease an inheritance if that was a possibility).

saar4321

I am Elector and loans in husbands name

If these are marital debts, you may be responsible as being the spouse.
If they are not marital debts, the estate is responsible. As the executor, you're responsible for directing payments from the estate if that is possible, but not out of your pocket (though it would decrease an inheritance if that was a possibility).
I have no money.. There is a house that my husband had before marriage What am I gonna have to do

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">