• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family photos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

handfam

What is the name of your state? NY
Before my grandmother died one of my aunts took all of the family photos & 8 mm films from my grandmother's house. We have been told that there are approx. 4 shoe boxes full & about 3 films (my uncle had them in his possesion to review them many years ago). My cousin has tried to obtain these photos and films from my aunt to make copies for our parents, our parents don't have any photos of when they were little or of their family. My aunt did speak with my cousin once and told her she would make copies and give them to her, but said she only had about 15 photos in her possesion and then when my cousin called to check to see if the copies were ready my aunt told her that she was not getting any photos & hung up on her. Now my aunt will not return any of my cousin's messages. Our question is do we have any legal right to these photos? And also what can we do to legally make her hand them over so we can make copies for our parents?
Thank you for your time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">