• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence on property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pburchett

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Since my parents demise I have been appointed administrator of their estate. Because there was no will I had to file a motion in court to sell the estate’s real property. I was allowed by an order from the probate judge to sell the home to pay necessary debts. I also requested at the same time to be allowed to sell a small commercial lot and building so the estate could be closed. The sale of this lot and building was denied as the judge stated the property would remain with the estate at the present time as there would no longer be a need to sell real property to satisfy debts.

The building and lot are now a liability and require a weekly mowing, which I am doing so now without pay, but hope to be compensated for later. The building is now the target of vandals who have broken windows and stolen things from the property.

Can I as the estate administrator, pay someone with estate funds to have the windows replaced and the building and lot fenced-in and gates put across the entrance to prevent any further loss to the structure or lot? My attorney said that he did not see why not, but did not give a definite answer. The reason I proceed with caution is because my brother presumably murdered my parents (no trial yet) and his x-wives want all the money they can get for his children’s trust fund if he is found guilty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">