• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiduciary Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jack2344

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Live in Pa Probate from CT

I am the Fiduciary for Money(10,000) my mom left my son . He is to recieve it at the age of 21. Took the money and invested in mutual funds 1997-2003. Moved to Pa then sold assets and put money in with familys accounts. Calculated a 4.5% interest on the balance from Nov 2003 to today. I never got around to re investing it. My thought was to pay him the total amount upon the age of 21. I reported a value of over 14,000 to the probate and they want records on the money. I have statements through 2003 and a form that I used to calulate the interest due the total.

Not sure what to do?

BlondiePB

Jack2344 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Live in Pa Probate from CT

I am the Fiduciary for Money(10,000) my mom left my son . He is to recieve it at the age of 21. Took the money and invested in mutual funds 1997-2003. Moved to Pa then sold assets and put money in with familys accounts. Calculated a 4.5% interest on the balance from Nov 2003 to today. I never got around to re investing it. My thought was to pay him the total amount upon the age of 21. I reported a value of over 14,000 to the probate and they want records on the money. I have statements through 2003 and a form that I used to calulate the interest due the total.

Not sure what to do?
You are in some SERIOUS trouble. Fiduciaries are never, never, NEVER to co-mingle those funds. I suggest you immediately call an attorney in the county where you have to send the accounting.

Dare we guess you spent all this money and none of it even exists now? If so you are in big trouble. Either way you need an Atty.

Dandy Don

Yes, the commingling was wrong, but with an accountant's help or a financial planner's help, you may be able to calculate what the $10,000 would be worth now if it had been invested alone, and if there is still enough money left in the account to pay the $10,000 plus interest, problem is solved.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

BlondiePB

Anyone want to take a guess at what's going to happen to Jack when the bank statements are sent to the court auditors?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">