• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting Inventory List

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotowork100

What is the name of your state? Ca

I want to fight an Inventory List that was submitted by the Administrator
(outside Attorney) What kind of cost do you think an Attorney will charge for this case?? approx??

Can I object myself? I'm very poor and don't want to spend alot of money.
I'm not fighting the value, but I'm fighting the actual ownership of items listed. They were given to me years ago. But we lived in the same home.

Thank You

BelizeBreeze

gotowork100 said:
What is the name of your state? Ca

I want to fight an Inventory List that was submitted by the Administrator
(outside Attorney) What kind of cost do you think an Attorney will charge for this case?? approx??

Can I object myself? I'm very poor and don't want to spend alot of money.
I'm not fighting the value, but I'm fighting the actual ownership of items listed. They were given to me years ago. But we lived in the same home.

Thank You
And what proof do you have that the items belong to you?

gotowork100

proof

The items our in our home which we owned jointly. My reply back is what
proof do they have that they don't. There in my home. Some of the items were bought by me I have receipts, others were given to me.

I also have 7 witnesses that will testify the things were given to me.

BelizeBreeze

Then submit copies of your receipts and notorized statments from your witnesses to the Administrator of the estate asking that YOUR items be removed from the list.

gotowork100

He already submited list. I have a letter from the court stating a court date
of 9/2/2005. Can I submit an objection to the court myself. Will the Judge reset the date at that time? How long do I have to object? Will the witnesses have to attend or can the notarized copies do the same?

Thanks for your Help!

BelizeBreeze

gotowork100 said:
He already submited list. I have a letter from the court stating a court date
of 9/2/2005. Can I submit an objection to the court myself. Will the Judge reset the date at that time? How long do I have to object? Will the witnesses have to attend or can the notarized copies do the same?

Thanks for your Help!
If there is already a court date then either get your things together and take your witnesses and attend or hire an attorney if the items are of sufficient value. You can present your case of ownership then.

This is not something that can be litigated online.

gotowork100

Thanks for the advice! I will contest. Somewhere on the internet I read
you have to submit an objection 5 days prior to court date. Is this true and can I do this myself. This date for 9/2/05 is when the Judge would normally sign off on the inventory if no objections??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">