• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Settlement Hearing, & Judge order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L. Smith3923

State of KANSAS

We had a final settlment hearing on a probate matter of my fathers estate on Nov. 18. Judge ruled and ordered debt based from a Codicil be accepted. Much of the debt I had already justified with documents, however am still being held for it. As well I know time had ran to contest the codicil, however medical records reflect mental deficites when signed. I want these issues reheard at a new hearing. My questions are as follows:

I have 10 days to file a petition to reconsider, or for a new hearing.
Time runs tomorrow 12/5.

** Does civil proceedure (ch. 60) in KS apply to probate proceedures???

1. Can a request for ADDITIONAL TIME to file for reconsideration be done in probate with judge......I need the time to get attorney.

2. Is that allowed in probate to extend time?

3. Or, do I need to have the petition for a new hearing filed by deadline?

4. Is it a petition OR motion needed filed?

5. Is it true you must see a judge in regard to the probate?

Anyone out there please let me know on the above. This is my last dance with 2 brothers and my fathers estate.

Thanks! L. Smith

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">