• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fhess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Florida
I reside in Pinellas county Florida. My mother passed away 12 years ago and I was executor of her will. A situation has arisen where I have learned that being the executor does not establish me as the legal representative of her estate. A court must do that. How does one go about getting that documentation and what fees can I expect to pay for this process?

LdiJ

I reside in Pinellas county Florida. My mother passed away 12 years ago and I was executor of her will. A situation has arisen where I have learned that being the executor does not establish me as the legal representative of her estate. A court must do that. How does one go about getting that documentation and what fees can I expect to pay for this process?
Why, after 12 years, do you need to be established as the executor legally? Is there something that has happened that requires probate to be opened now?

anteater

I reside in Pinellas county Florida. My mother passed away 12 years ago and I was executor of her will.
You mean that her will nominated you to be executor but that you were not actually appointed by the court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">