• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

funeral gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wmpaul1992

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My dad passed away on 08/26/2009, he was taken to a morgue we use everytime a family member passes. they did a fair job I guess , we made arrangments for a grave side service, the hurst was already at the grave when we got there but, the only thing done was the grave was opened, there were no chairs for the family, the vault wasn't installed, the out door grass they use wasn't there, they had to go borrow chairs from a close funeral home,the hurst was parked in the middle of the road , then I could not belive it, they took his coffin out and left him sitting in the middle of the road, it was crushing to see such disrespect, they knew we were coming so why wasn't everything ready? It has given my mom nightmares, It caused me to go to the hospital with chest pains and they had to do a surgery and knock me out to calm me down.now everytime we go up there that is the first thing we see in our minds, can I do something within the law for mental anguish, and it just seems like I shouldn't have to pay for this service, it was horrible, I talked to one lawyer he said something about tort damages(what ever that means). any advice would be very helpful. thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">