• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting screwed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

housinmass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma. I was told today that my dad had a trust and the beneficiary is my sister and myself. She is the trustee for the estate. I am the co beneficiary.My dad had alzheimers and it looks like my sister took him in his credit union and changed the beneficiary to her from my mom. Now the attorney is saying that the CD is not part of the will..At the time the beneficiary was changed my dad was so bad he was actually put into a home that month as his alzheimers was getting to the point where he didn't even know who we where.Help

Last edited:

anteater

getting screwed?
Probably.

(I assume that your Mother is already deceased (?).)

The question is whether it is worth it to try to do something about it. What's the value of the CD?

You might want to ask an attorney to write a nasty letter to your sister. That should not cost too much and persuade her to fold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">