• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Good Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? Kentucky**************....It has been a while since I been on here, but we are nering the completion of my parents Estate and wanted somemore advice. You all have been very helpful, so I thought I would ask again.

My son is the Admin of the Estate. but no will.
I have two brothers.

My son works out of state and has only made one visit to the Attorney's office since he bacame Admin. I have in turn done all the research, typing up letters, gathering information on the entire estate, probate ( except him appearing to establish it ) In other words I have been the one who has done all the work.

Would I in turn be entitled to anything like the Admin. even tho I am not binding by the courts as one? I have kept all information I have gathered for him as well as all the emails I forwarded to him to keep him informed as to what I have done for him. I truly mean he hasnt done anything except the first visit to the Attorney's office and the initial probate appearance.

Please advise me once I know the answer to this question i probably will have one other question I need to ask.

Thanks
Spitfire007..

Can I become co Admin

Kentucky... Ok the answer is no to be compesated for any work I have done for the Admin.
Now, since my son is out of state and he isn't doing this work, can I go to the judge and ask if I can be co-Adim jointly with him?

seniorjudge

spitfire007 said:
Kentucky... Ok the answer is no to be compesated for any work I have done for the Admin.
Now, since my son is out of state and he isn't doing this work, can I go to the judge and ask if I can be co-Adim jointly with him?
Yes....

seniorjudge said:
Yes....
Ok yes**************. but just what all does this allow me to do and how do I go about doing it and would the other heirs have to be informed?

thanks

peppylady said:
Tell your son you want to be compensated for you work. He should give you a little for helping him.
He might do that and should so I suppose time will tell. I guess what I really was trying to get at here too was the fact that since he is out of town most of the time, If I go to the probate judge and ask if I can become co- admin would I need the permission of the Admin and of my tow brothers?

Sexond> When compiling a list of assists from the Estate it becomes quite a bit when you add everything up making the amount owed to the Attorney and the Adim in our case around 10,000 each. Of course we don't have that kind of cash each to give to them. So I foresee the entire estate being sold. I don't have a problem with that kinda what I wanted to do at the beginning and one of my other brothers sorta feels the same. The one brother and I got together night and complied a list of what each person would want from the estate IF we all agreee on it. Of course the brother who doesn't quite understand how the law and all this works says he will get a lawyer and keep what is righfully his? and that we could sell our portion and he will just keep his? You cant do that it is an entire Estate> I think I am right on this?

Third> I mentioned some items that I would want of my Mother's and he challenged me on that too. One being my Mother's brand new pistol she bought jsut before she passed on. We do have the reciept for this Gun, but wher the one brother is living in the house he stated to me that I wasnt getting the gun and would say that someone stoled it?

Isn't he responsible for the Items in the house since he is living there and would he have to account for things missing.. what is the law on this?

I want to take this time to say thanks to all who help me out I don'tknow what I wouold do with out ya. It helps me so much and I am happy to be on this forumn.

humm

spitfire007 said:
He might do that and should so I suppose time will tell. I guess what I really was trying to get at here too was the fact that since he is out of town most of the time, If I go to the probate judge and ask if I can become co- admin would I need the permission of the Admin and of my tow brothers?

Sexond> When compiling a list of assists from the Estate it becomes quite a bit when you add everything up making the amount owed to the Attorney and the Adim in our case around 10,000 each. Of course we don't have that kind of cash each to give to them. So I foresee the entire estate being sold. I don't have a problem with that kinda what I wanted to do at the beginning and one of my other brothers sorta feels the same. The one brother and I got together night and complied a list of what each person would want from the estate IF we all agreee on it. Of course the brother who doesn't quite understand how the law and all this works says he will get a lawyer and keep what is righfully his? and that we could sell our portion and he will just keep his? You cant do that it is an entire Estate> I think I am right on this?

Third> I mentioned some items that I would want of my Mother's and he challenged me on that too. One being my Mother's brand new pistol she bought jsut before she passed on. We do have the reciept for this Gun, but wher the one brother is living in the house he stated to me that I wasnt getting the gun and would say that someone stoled it?

Isn't he responsible for the Items in the house since he is living there and would he have to account for things missing.. what is the law on this?

I want to take this time to say thanks to all who help me out I don'tknow what I wouold do with out ya. It helps me so much and I am happy to be on this forumn.
98 people looked at this and I got no replies? Is there something wrong? Am I not doing this correctly or what? I really need some advice !!

help

98 people viewed my topic and there wasn't one reply. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Any advice?? Thanks

closing this starting new

spitfire007 said:
98 people viewed my topic and there wasn't one reply. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Any advice?? Thanks
I am closing this and starting new, 149 pp viewd and no response so i am starting over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">