• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Granddaughter set aside regardless of wishes.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frazangi

What is the name of your state?
Florida

My grandmother and grandfather willed their home to their three daughters. One of which was my mother. My mother passed away 15 years ago and I was raised by my grandmother. My gf passed away a few months ago and my gm just recently.

She had decided to leave me the house before she died but when my other 2 aunts found out about they had a fit. Once my gm got very ill, they moved her out of her home, where me, my husband and my children also lived for the past years taking care of my grandparents. They got poa, changed the benficiary of her life insurance and God only knows what else. They told me and my family that we had to move out of my grandparents house and they put a for sale sign up 2 hours after her death.

Long story short, Are me and my brother entitled to my deceased mother's part of the estate?

BelizeBreeze

frazangi said:
What is the name of your state?
Florida

Long story short, Are me and my brother entitled to my deceased mother's part of the estate?
Long story short, unless the will has been changed ( and you need a copy of the will to verify) then yes, you and your brothers are entitled to your mother's share.

You need to hire a probate attorney like right now and also speak with an elder abuse attorney about the POA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">