• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

greedy heirs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gruanuts

Under KY law, when there is no surviving spouse, is the first $15000 distributed to heirs before funeral expenses are paid?

gruanuts

thank you for replying so quickly

here is a little more detail:

I live in KY. I cared for my father for the past 10 years in my home, up until his death last year. I have 3 siblings who contributed nothing to his care. Upon his death, he had nothing more than an $1800 tax return as an asset. His funeral costs exceeded $2400 which I paid out of my pocket. The attorney says
that my siblings are entitled to their cut of the $1800 even before funeral costs are reimbursed. Is this right? As executer, what about administration costs?

xylene

"The attorney"

here is a little more detail:

I live in KY. I cared for my father for the past 10 years in my home, up until his death last year. I have 3 siblings who contributed nothing to his care. Upon his death, he had nothing more than an $1800 tax return as an asset. His funeral costs exceeded $2400 which I paid out of my pocket. The attorney says
that my siblings are entitled to their cut of the $1800 even before funeral costs are reimbursed. Is this right? As executer, what about administration costs?
Who's attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">