• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Greedy Kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silvana

Michigan
When I was divorced from my ex, he was to pay me my half of assets in monthly increments and he kept the house and real estate property. I quit claimed the house and 1 property to him. He then stopped paying me the monthly payments and I told him I would not quit claim the other real estate property to him until he pays me off. The value of that property is the approximate amount he owes me.
He now died and left everything to our oldest three children who are greedy and want to force my to sign off with a quit claim deed so that they can sell the property and get the money.
I was not aware that a mean campaign was plotted against me. Can they force me to sign off on the property? I've also heard that they would slam me for maintenance over the past 10 years on the property (haha wild forest land) in an amount exeeding the worth of the land.
What can I do?
I'm thinking of quit claim deeding my half share to a charitable organization because I'm so hurt. Can I do that in Michigan?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">