• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardian and caregiver rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbeasley

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My aunt is getting into her 90's, she is very sick and has asked me to become caregiver and guardian of my 50 year old Downsyndromew cousin. What is the best way to have things arranged so I can have the housse and the car transferred, and also set up all the sales into a spending pool toward his care. His health is also very bad, so I need some access to funds quickly to keep him goingWhat is the name of your state?

BlondiePB

rbeasley said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
My aunt is getting into her 90's, she is very sick and has asked me to become caregiver and guardian of my 50 year old Downsyndromew cousin. What is the best way to have things arranged so I can have the housse and the car transferred, and also set up all the sales into a spending pool toward his care. His health is also very bad, so I need some access to funds quickly to keep him goingWhat is the name of your state?
Does your aunt have her estate already set up for her assests to provide for your cousin? Is she competent? Everything MUST be done properly or else you can be looking at financial exploitation of a vulnerable elder here. Also, only a judge via a court order is able to appoint guardians.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">