• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

endlessdream

What is the name of your state? TX
My sister who is now 16 has down syndrome with severe mental retardation. I went to the school meeting and they advised me to get a guardianship before she reaches 18. I'm very clueless about legal issues. How do I go about obtaining a guardianship? I called a law firm last week and they charged me $2000 for the whole thing. I'm 26 and I don't make a lot of money, $2000 is way over my head. Can someone advise me where to go for a cheaper fees? Any help/ suggestions are greatly appreciated.

endlessdream

My parents are old and don't know English. I've been taking care of my sister for years now. My sister cannot decide or make any decision on her own. I need to get a guardianship in order to make any legal issues on her behalf later when she reaches 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">