• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship Bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

treeking

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Can someone please interpret this for me? My Father died Last Jan. '09. His house is about to go to closing. I am one of three beneficiaries. I have two siblings that are executors/guardians. Thank you.

Lawyer's message to my siblings:
As you know, I faxed Kemper our position that the bond should be released on informal approval of the guardianship by the estate beneficiaries without obtaining a formal court order and formal accounting. The Kemper office head has accepted my position. Therefore, I'll provide proposed release forms to each estate beneficiary along with a letter explaining that the release is a legal document and signing the release gives up all claims against you. I'll also suggest that the beneficiaries consult their own legal advisors because I represent the guardians, whom they would be releasing. In any event, assuming all your siblings sign off, Kemper will then release the bond. Please provide name, address, and email address for each estate beneficiary and please tell them to expect correspondence from me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">