• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jodysnails

What is the name of your state? Ma. I filed papers in probate court to become my daughters legal guardian. My father passed away leaving her a death benefit and his pension fund says I must do this before she can receive her money. What a head ache! I sent all the neccessary papers and one of them came back. It said on it "needs sufficiency" I don't understand what that means. Any help would be appreciated They sent an exact duplicate of the form, so I guess i have to do it over. Thanks :)

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? Ma. I filed papers in probate court to become my daughters legal guardian. My father passed away leaving her a death benefit and his pension fund says I must do this before she can receive her money. What a head ache! I sent all the neccessary papers and one of them came back. It said on it "needs sufficiency" I don't understand what that means. Any help would be appreciated They sent an exact duplicate of the form, so I guess i have to do it over. Thanks :)
What did your guardian attorney say about this and about posting bond?

P.S. That's a hint. ;)

jodysnails

I filled out form fully on my own with no attorney. The section on the form where it says The above surety's are in my oppinion sufficient. below that it says signature, office, city or town I signed my name there which must be wrong . That is where in pencil on the side it was written"need sufficiency" I also left blank at top of page estimated personal estate because shes only 10:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">