• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Has the will been probated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Caryn Uherka

Florida

The death of my grandmother occured last May in San Antonio, Texas. My aunt was the executrix. It was said that the inheritence would be split between all daughters. This was before my grandmother was placed in a home. My mother has asked my aunt to see the will, but she keeps making excuses. She went further on to say that my grandmother left everything to her and nothing to my mother.

I have searched online for the probate record, but Bexar County, Texas is not online. I had hoped the internet would be more help. My mother has tried several times to call them to get a copy of the record, but it seems impossible to get through. Is there another way to find out if the will was even probated?

If she was truly in the will, wouldn't someone legally be bound to contact her? Would this be my aunt or a court official or lawyer? Could my aunt have legally put everything in her name?

So many questions. Any advice is welcome.

Probationer

Mary Strikes Again By Being An Ass-Hole!

FUK YOU, MARY!
Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUK YOU, MARY!

Mary Strikes Again By Changing My Forum Name to "Mary2"! But then, she banned "Mary2" so now I've come back as "Fuk You, Mary!" I love playing childish games, too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary2 Posts: n/a

What's the matter, Mary? Getting thin-skinned in your old age?

Quote:
Mary&GarrySuck

Originally Posted by Indiana Filer

IAAL,

I thought all that business was over! What happened?

I don't know where you got that idea, but no, it's not over. Mary knows what to do. She's the one who banned me, and keeps banning me, because she has tender skin. She's being childish, and as long as she's being childish, I'll do the same. I'll just keep coming back under different forum names - - since, apparently, that's what she wants, and can't do anything about it, except banning each new forum name.

I have, thus far, refrained from contacting her at her home out of respect for her kids who use the computer, preferring to let her know my thoughts about her on these forums. But, she knows what I want, and she can stop the lunacy if she wants. Or, I can keep coming back and taunting her. She refuses to contact me about this problem in any way, shape or form. Talk about childishness.

Got that, Mary?

IAAL

HERE'S A MESSAGE I RECEIVED FROM THAT STUPID BITCH, MARY . . .

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

What you don't seem to understand is that I'll just keep coming back under different forum names. That's all you can do - - is ban forum names. But, doing so doesn't ban "IAAL".

Besides, "never" is such a long time, right?

Geez, don't you learn?

IAAL

GaAtty

It is a common scenario for a grabby relative to tell other relatives that nothing was left for them. It is usually seen when the ones lied to were not around an elderly relative in their last days. Usually the grabby relative doesn't know that others can find out what was or was not done about the estate assets. You mother is correct to contact the court, but if she can't get through on the telephone why isn't she writing? It seems important enough to take the time. She should just write the clerk and give the approximate date of death of your grandmom and her full name and ask if there has been a will probated, if so what date and by whom, and the "style of the case", the case number, and the name of the court.She should also ask for a copy of the entire probate petition filed by the executor (rix). She should probably send a $5.00 money order and that should cover the costs of the copies. The petition filed by the executrix (if she did file one, whcih she may not have) will say the name of other heirs, and she should have listed your mom. Your mom would have been required to be given notice by the court if the aunt listed her. Your aunt can legally put everything in her name if the will left everything to her. Chances are that the wil did not do so, or she would be more willing to show it.

Dandy Don

Another possibility is that they wrongly think somehow that they are going to benefit by not filing the will and then stealing assets.

If you think there is real estate and or financial assets that need to be probated, then hire an attorney to open up probate yourself and then the judge can ask the other parties to produce the will. If there is no will the estate will then be divided up according to state law.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">