• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heirhip affadavit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjc55

What is the name of your state? Texas
My parents and only brother passed away and my parents left some property which I need to sell they did not have a will. My brother has two children as his heirs he was divorced from their mother but was married to another woman at the time of his death can someone please tell me is the woman he was married to at the time of his death also considered an heir to my parents property.

Last edited:

ceara19

pjc55 said:
no my brother died 2 years before my dad and my mother died 6 years after my dad
Then, generally, she would have no claim to your parents estate because her relationship to your parents ended when your brother died. (Unless your parents named her as an heir or she had children with your brother, which you have already said neither of these apply.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">