• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heirs, PR & wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sheryl Branch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

On the final accounting there is a negtive balance. As the PR (I'm also wife of decesed) I have spent over 16,000.00 on estate to settle. There are 6 children. My questions are if there is a negtive balance on estate why would the 6 children's names go on the deed???? Also how do I recoup my money as PR?

anteater

I think that you will need to provide more detail about what makes up the probate estate and what the will's provisions are.

And, if there is real estate in the probate estate and insufficient funds to pay the costs of administration and creditors, why the real estate was not sold.

Dandy Don

Give a summary of the accounting here that shows what the assets and expenses/debts were. Children's names going on the deed is in fact legal and proper to prove officially on record that they are legal heirs. Was an attorney assisting you with this probate? Should have instructed you on how to file a claim for your services so that you could get paid on a priority basis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">