• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Heirship and Will.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acegirl427

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My grandma past away in 2005 and she left all her property to my mother. My mother never did file heirship on that property,etc. Recently, my mother passed away. I filed a affidavit of heirship for all my mother property. However, is my grandma's home include too, if not, how do I get it included? That house has history and was the last home my mother lived in. Can I just add that home to my heirship since I have my grandma's will? If not how can I add it? Just to let you know my mother never did have a will, but my grandma did. So what is my next move here? I am in Texas.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

latigo

You desperately need the assistance of an attorney with experience in practicing Texas probate law.

All I can offer is that your affidavit of heirship could only cover the property that was owned by your mother at the time of her death.

The critical question then does your mother’s estate include the assets owned by her mother. And if not what procedure is available under the Texas Probate Code to clean up grandma’s estate.

And only the Texas attorney would have the answers. Do not even think of trying to resolve this yourself, please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">