• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigboy96

What is the name of your state? ca.my grandmother has just passed away this year.know at the time i was not to worry about the will.to get to the point i had to trick my 1/2 brother into giving me a copy of the letter he got from this attorney.well after i hunted him down and found out his number and called him he didnot know anything about me.i had told him who i was and that gary was my dads brother.i asked him if i could see a copy of this will he stated that i had to talk to my uncule.i need to know what this means.probate code sec.16061.7 my grandmother is the settlor of the( her name) feb.7.2003 as amender on oct. 30.2004 under probate cod 16061.7(e) the trustee hereby notifies you of the following. re: my grandothers name intervivos trust as amended by first modifications of trust referred to as (her name) feb.7.2002 revocable trust.mailing list it gives my name and 2 others one is pass on already.on the other page it give the others names of the family members that where sent this letter.
now i know this is a she said he said this question but my mom has told me that my grandmother has told her that i was in the will be for.see my name was very special to my grandmother becuase iam the only one that can carry this name our last name and my grandmother was very proud of that.that way iam having a hard time seeing that i was told i was not in the will by this lawyer.if you can help thanks

Dandy Don

Go to the county courthouse probate court for the city where your grandmother died and look at her probate file to see if the will was filed and who the executor was and their name and address. If you don't know how to get to the courthouse, please mention what city she died in and I can look it up for you and post it here.

The fact that a trust is involved means that it is administered privately and there is no court action for the trust, so you need an probate attorney or trust attorney to help you contact the trustee by certified mail to ask for a copy of the trust and an accounting statement to see if you are named as a beneficiary in the trust. There may not have been a will probated since all assets may have been put into the trust.

They have not helped the situation by confusing you and by not being completely honest--the trustee should have contacted you by now if he/she had your correct address, but your attorney can help you get this straightened out.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">