• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help -

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

junie3839

What is the name of your state? California
I filed a claim against my grandmothers estate because I took care of her 24/7 for the last year of her life, by that I mean I cooked for her, fed her because she was unable to do so for herself, bathed her, changed her diapers, I mean EVERYTHING. I filed a creditors claim against her estate, but my uncle who is one of the co-executors of her estate has rejected it. Can anyone tell me where to go from here? Any help you can give would be great.What is the name of your state?

Let me clarify something here - No is the question did i only do this thinking i was going to get paid - I loved my grandmother and thought of her like a mother = it is not money coming to me i am looking for - my "uncle" is trying to go against her will and sell her house (which she specifically requested us not to do for 2 years following her death) - he never visited her, helped her, called her or did anything but cause her grief. I watched while she cried and asked me why he was so not around - i made excuses for him and never said what I really thought about him. I went shopping for her clothes and dressed her like a princess = she meant everything to me and i miss her so much = i never thought i could feel so much pain. I was with her when she died just as i promised her i would be. I was advised by an attorney as well as my mother and others to file suit. I could really care less about the money - its about the way that he treated my grandmother and the pain he caused her - he told her she was incompetent and crazy, he borrowed money from her and never repaid her and that is not even the half of the mental abuse he bestowed upon his own mother. And the final kick he cant even respect her last wishes.
Theres more to the story than that but that is not what this is for.
The only regret I have is not standing up and taking care of her sooner. And now I am just trying to find out if anyone knows if i sue her estate or him.
So if anyone has any advice i would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

You are not entitled to anything because you had no written agreement/contract for your services in advance. Didn't she leave you anything in her will?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? California
I filed a claim against my grandmothers estate because I took care of her 24/7 for the last year of her life, by that I mean I cooked for her, fed her because she was unable to do so for herself, bathed her, changed her diapers, I mean EVERYTHING. I filed a creditors claim against her estate, but my uncle who is one of the co-executors of her estate has rejected it. Can anyone tell me where to go from here? Any help you can give would be great.What is the name of your state?
Are you saying that you took care of her 24/7 solely because you thought that you would get "paid" after she died? Not because she was your grandmother and you loved her? WOW!:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">