• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help the children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

porkiesmom

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am trying to find what benefits are rightfully my brother's, sister's, and mine after our parents died. Our guardian? trusty? custodial guardian?, will not give us any information and I am concerned for my brother and sisters future. I know we were left a home, car,
life insurance benefits saving account etc, and we cannot even get status as to who is our guardians if any. My grandmother, and two aunts, and their husbands have spent thousands of dollars which I know for a fact belong to us but I cannot get any information as to who, what or how much is rightfully ours. Can someone advice me as to where to began my search in finding answers????? PLEASE????What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

If you know the city/state where your parents died, then visit or call the county courthouse probate court to inquire to see whether your parents have a probate file listed (many counties now have online records searches available). If a file is available you can look at the file to see who the executor was and how the estate was handled, and you can then contact the executor for more information. If you all are not adults yet, then a relative or executor may be holding this money in trust for you until you reach legal age, but the least they could have done was at least tell you how much you will be getting.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

lwpat

You must have reason to be concerned or you would not have posted. Can you get to the probate court in person? The clerk can show you the file and explain what is going on. After that you may need some legal help and they can probably recommend some agency for free legal advice. Once you have some more information, post back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">