• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with filing in probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angieshue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

My ex husband was killed, and we have a daughter, he has a bank account, can I access that account for her through probate being the ex wife, natural parent of our child, if so, how, without an attorney, can this be done?

Kiawah

No you can't.

A. Creditors will get paid first
B. Whatever that is left that would get paid out to beneficiaries...you don't know for sure that your daughter IS the beneficiary.

angieshue

how to find out who is beneficiary

How can one find out who, if any, is a beneficiary on a deceased bank account? Will the bank discolose this information?

anteater

How can one find out who, if any, is a beneficiary on a deceased bank account? Will the bank discolose this information?
Unless you or your daughter is a named beneficiary, the bank should not. There may well be no named beneficiary.

You don't give a lot of information. Do you know if there is a will? Did he have a surviving spouse? Does he have any other children?

angieshue

Help with probate

I talked with the courts, they state if I file on behalf of my daughter in probate, I can assume his bank account if the judge orders it for me to take care of her and his final expenses. She is his only living child, and he never remarried.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">