• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help - heirship question with no wills involved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ctmyjo

What is the name of your state?

My grandparents owned a family property of less than 20 acres in Ky.
There were no wills involved. When grandpa died, grandma paid the taxes. When she died the four kids took turns paying them. At one point three of the kids wanted to sell, but the 4th one did not. They figured they would all have to sign off so they didn't sell. The one that didn't want to sell is now deceased.

If the three remaining kids want to sell, do they have to involve the deceased siblings children or his estranged wife? They have been seperated for 15 - 20 years.

I know that's lengthy but I really need some assistance on this one or perhaps you could point me in the right direction. All assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

divgradcurl

ctmyjo said:
What is the name of your state?

My grandparents owned a family property of less than 20 acres in Ky.
There were no wills involved. When grandpa died, grandma paid the taxes. When she died the four kids took turns paying them. At one point three of the kids wanted to sell, but the 4th one did not. They figured they would all have to sign off so they didn't sell. The one that didn't want to sell is now deceased.

If the three remaining kids want to sell, do they have to involve the deceased siblings children or his estranged wife? They have been seperated for 15 - 20 years.

I know that's lengthy but I really need some assistance on this one or perhaps you could point me in the right direction. All assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Did anything ever go through probate? Who owns the property now? Whose name is on the title to the property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">