• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madgrandaughter

What is the name of your state?Arkansas
This is a question about rights of estate. My grandfather passed away in 1996. He had been married 6 or 7 years to a woman when he died. He has 8 children from his first wife who has been deceased since 1984. The house was built and paid for by my grandfather and my grandmother his first wife. Then years later after the death of my grandmother he married this other woman. In the will the house goes to his children and his wife. If they were to sell the house the money should be distributed between everyone equally. But now they are saying that the wife will get a 1/3 of the money and his children will get the rest divided between them. She did live in the house until recently. She is unable to care for herself. What is the legal rights of the children? Will she be able to claim a homestead or if house is sold what part of money will she receive and what is she entitled to. In my opinion she should't get anything. Also the entire time she was married to my grandfather she was using her first husbands name and collecting money on him. When she needed to she used my grandfathers name. Is that legal? I need to know the law on this one. Thanks :mad

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">