• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP; I cannot locate my missing trust fund!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schoolybug

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California. My grandparents started a trust fund for me back in 1966. I am now 38 yrs of age, and both my grandparents have passed. My grandfather being the first to pass in 1977 and my grandmother passing in 04-01-1986. Both of them lived and died in los angeles,ca. Norwalk, ca. To be exact. I still remember the name of the bank in which they started my trust fund at. Which would be Downey Savings & Loan, in Downey, Ca. Not even my father nor his surviving sisters(my aunts), claim that my grandmother had to take that trust fund which was intended for me when i was to turn 18, and said she needed that money to cover expensives. My grandmother never stated to me that my trust fund was used for her personnal behalf. As a matter of spoken fact, my grandmother ALWAYS made it clear to me that when i was to turn 18 then that trust fund was to go to me, and that NOT let ANYONE take that away from me. I cannot get any staight answers from any relative, so i turn to anyone who could possibly help me finally put this behind me so i can move on in life. My grandmothers name was: EDITH MARY WALLER (gf) LOYD MARVIN WALLER. I have copies of there death certificates but thats about it. Norwalk Superior Court of ca, probate is where i belive we want to start. By the way they are both buried at Rose Hills, Whittier Ca. I know someone out there can help me. Thank You for i am :confused:

I suspect one way or the other that trust fund is gone. That was almost 20 years ago and you are just starting this. May be too late as well.

rmet4nzkx

schoolybug said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California. My grandparents started a trust fund for me back in 1966. I am now 38 yrs of age, and both my grandparents have passed. My grandfather being the first to pass in 1977 and my grandmother passing in 04-01-1986. Both of them lived and died in los angeles,ca. Norwalk, ca. To be exact. I still remember the name of the bank in which they started my trust fund at. Which would be Downey Savings & Loan, in Downey, Ca. Not even my father nor his surviving sisters(my aunts), claim that my grandmother had to take that trust fund which was intended for me when i was to turn 18, and said she needed that money to cover expensives. My grandmother never stated to me that my trust fund was used for her personnal behalf. As a matter of spoken fact, my grandmother ALWAYS made it clear to me that when i was to turn 18 then that trust fund was to go to me, and that NOT let ANYONE take that away from me. I cannot get any staight answers from any relative, so i turn to anyone who could possibly help me finally put this behind me so i can move on in life. My grandmothers name was: EDITH MARY WALLER (gf) LOYD MARVIN WALLER. I have copies of there death certificates but thats about it. Norwalk Superior Court of ca, probate is where i belive we want to start. By the way they are both buried at Rose Hills, Whittier Ca. I know someone out there can help me. Thank You for i am :confused:
I did some research but found no unclaimed property for anyone with the last name Waller and any of the first and middle name combinations and location. It is possible it is under your name which I don't have.

I could not find a record of your grandfather's death on the SS Death index which is not always accurate under his name even with Loyd/Lloyd that matched the other info.

EDITH WALLER 27 Nov 1907 Mar 1986 91754 (Monterey Park, Los Angeles, CA) California I found this record which may or not be for your GM because the DOD doesn't match. but it could be due to the fact that she died on 4-1? Go to the site and see if the SSN matches up.

Goto unclaimed property for the state of California and look under your name.

Have you called the bank and inquired about the trust?

Was it a special needs trust? Do you know who the trustee was?

LA county Superior court charges for online inquiries so you can go to the probate court and inquire, often probate is not online anyway.

Why didn't you inquire about this sooner?

Dandy Don

Yes, probate court is the place to start. Look at both grandparent's probate files to find out who the executor was and if there is any mention of who the trustee was (many times the executor and trustee are the same person).

If you can find out who the trustee was, that is the person you need to contact to find out details about your trust money. It is possible that the trustee may have stolen the monies for his/her own personal use. If trustee stole your money, you will need to file suit to get it repaid to you.

It is also possible that grandmother could have needed this money for her personal use and she could have been too embarrassed to tell you the truth, although that would be a bit unusual. I somehow believe that this did not happen.

If there is no mention of who trustee was, then ask executor to order copy of the state and/or federal tax return for the estate and for the trust to see if any clues are there.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Last edited:

Dandy Don

When looking at the probate file, please review the ENTIRE file so you can see exactly how the estate was handled and if there is any mention of the trust fund.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

AKLawDog

In the Same Boat

I understand your frustration. My case is the same but different. I am adopted.
There was a trust account as land masses in WA, AK, CA are HUGE for a teachers salary. I have to file charges against the State of Alaska for gross-negligances as they KNEW about the account but failed to return it to me.
AK Senator Hollis French even knows and has said " birthright " in NEWS comments..lol..so hun, its gonna be a long and tedius process. but like me it has to pass in order for us to walk on in life. and IT IS JUST A QUESTION...no one wants to answer. When I asked or now my grown kids ask: "it's complicated " aka " uh I stole your mothers money and spent it like water " lol...weird thing is there is someone in CA with my exact adopted birth name? lots of fraudulent actions to sort out in court...so that is why I am going back to college to get a law degree...hang in there and good luck to all who seek the truths in trusts...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Congratulations on posting to a 6 year old thread with your very first post. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">