• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lobo11

What is the name of your state? Florida

My mother passed and left house to my brother and me. Mine is in special needs trust, Brain operation, my brother is executor of will, who is responsible for property taxes and Homeowers insurance, what happens if my brother wont pay?:confused:

JETX

My mother passed and left house to my brother and me. Mine is in special needs trust, Brain operation, my brother is executor of will, who is responsible for property taxes and Homeowers insurance
Absent an order, term of the will or agreement to the contrary, both of you are equally liable for the taxes, insurance and upkeep.

what happens if my brother wont pay?
Then, the property will likely be foreclosed on.

Lobo11

Can I get Homeowners insurance when property is in his name too and can funds in my special needs trust pay for this:confused:

Lobo11

No, I live in house by myself, brother lives in Wasington, DC. He is a gold digger, no one knew till now, what a mess:confused:

Lobo11

Can Homeowers insurance be payed out of my special needs trust, my brother the robber is the trustee of my trust, my mother must be rolling.:confused: :(

Lobo11

Bump, help please, I'm a mess, I've fallen and don't want to get up

Last edited:

BlondiePB

Bump, help please, I'm a mess, I've fallen and don't want to get up
Your brother has a fidicuary duty to protect the property. Since you are a disabled adult, you are afforded "special" protections via FL law. Call the courthouse (probate division) about having a guardian ad litem appointed. Also call Dept. of Elder Affairs (try 211) and Adult Protective Services (listed under Dept. of Children & Families). They may also help you with obtaining an attorney. Do let them all know you are a disabled adult.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">