• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with unnotarized will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jbarte

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
My partner recently died, we were not married but we had a child together who is a minor and we lived together 10+ years.
He left a lot of debt and no RE only an old car which I need to drive our child around with and little personal property as most of it was bought by myself. He did leave a company which also has a lot of debt.
He did leave a will which was not notarized but witnessed.
Do I have a right to the car (which has been signed over to me as beneficiary) or will probate take that to pay off his debt and is the will acceptable with out it being notarized?

I need help as I am basically destitute and have no money for a lawyer.

Dandy Don

Is he listed as the father on your child's birth certificate?

Were you ever awarded official child support payments from this man?

On what document was the car signed over to you as beneficiary?

Does this man have surviving siblings and/or parents?

What type of company is it and what type of money does it make? Did he own the company and/or work in it and who operates it now--family or non-family people?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Jbarte

Thank you Dandy Don for your reply here are answers to your questions.

We lived with the deceased and yes he is listed as father on the birth certificate.

The car is signed over on the registration, the title is lost.

The man is survived by one minor child (mine), two adult children from a previously ended marriage, a mother, and two siblings.

The deceased is/was the sole proprietor, The value of the business in unknown and it was operated by the deceased up until he died (approximately two weeks ago) but no one is operating it now. It is a computer consulting business. Now there is a possibility of a 30% partner but I have not yet found the paperwork.

The deceased's cousin paid for the "funeral".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">