• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How bad did I screw up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stilfakinit

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Cailifornia
I am the executor of my mothers will, even though I have to brothers I am the only heir. My brothers know my mothers reasons for this, and have no problems with it. My mother passed away in October of 2001. I finally filed for probate (in pro-per) in December of 2003. Not realizing there were time restrictions I came home and stupidly put the paper work away, thinking I could come back to it when I felt " better " about it. Well I pulled it out the other day to figure out what I needed to do to finalize it. I have not filled the inventory...( which is only the house ) In the book I have it says the inventory should have been filed four months after probate was filed. I've paid all of Her bills out of my pocket without thinking about keeping them seperate from mine. I looked under the probate rules , and from what I see, I think I'm in big trouble. I didn't do this on perpose. I had a " friend " who is a lawyer who was going to help me from the begining. I dragged my feet so long He gave up, and left taking only my car..." I had given him my pink slip for safe keeping as He asked". He also asked me to give him power of attorney, but I just wasn't in the mood to deal with the whole thing at that time. Thank God!!! I've heard horror stories about what could have happened. I know I need help but don't know who to trust. Letters expire in September of this year. Please help me. I'm scared I'll be removed as executor, and I can't afford to pay to have someone else do it. Sincerly, Desperate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">