• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to confirm receipt of distribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richie78

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have received final accountng for the intestate probate of my aunt. This accounting shows that numerous distributions were made as follows.

"2002 Balance - Distributive Share - Estate of XXnameXX $XXXXXX.XX"

There is no further descriptive information. How can I determine who actually received the distributed funds? Is the distributing administrator required to furnish to the Probate Court the names of the people that actually received the funds he distributed? Does the court require and receive signed receipts that support such distributions? Otherwise how does one go about confirming the receipt of the distribution to the estate?

When I asked the Administrtor of the estate to whom the funds were identified as distributed to, the administrator denies ever receiving such funds. And since I am an heir apparent to this estate, how do I find out where this money is, and more importantly, who has it?

Any suggestions?

richie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">