• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I begin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b3ginn3r

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My dad passed away in February. He had an old will which should still be valid. Everything goes to my mother and this is a community property state. Must I contact someone regarding getting the assets to my mom or are we okay as things are. I am unclear if Probate needs to be involved and if so, how do I begin the process? I believe everything was in both names.

I have contacted Social Security and the state has issued Death Certificates. What else is involved? Where can I go to find out?

BlondiePB

b3ginn3r said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

My dad passed away in February. He had an old will which should still be valid. Everything goes to my mother and this is a community property state. Must I contact someone regarding getting the assets to my mom or are we okay as things are. I am unclear if Probate needs to be involved and if so, how do I begin the process? I believe everything was in both names.

I have contacted Social Security and the state has issued Death Certificates. What else is involved? Where can I go to find out?
There are plenty of books available and plenty of attorneys that will help you sort out what, if anything, needs to be probated and how to start the probate process if required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">