• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I Probate without a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcs4787

What is the name of your state?Texas I would like to probate mother's will. The assets total less than $75,000 including home and auto. I am the executor in the will and there is no contest to the will from siblings,so how do I file with the court or obtain legal forms without legal representation?

BlondiePB

rcs4787 said:
What is the name of your state?Texas I would like to probate mother's will. The assets total less than $75,000 including home and auto. I am the executor in the will and there is no contest to the will from siblings,so how do I file with the court or obtain legal forms without legal representation?
Most states have provisions for small estates and/or family administration. Read your state statutes, get a good book on how to do your own probate (Barnes & Noble), and ask the clerk at the courthouse for the forms you require.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">