• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to gift something

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?MA

I am the executor of my fathers estate, he died without a will, and therefore everything that was his has to be probated, his girlfriend and he owned a truck together and i signed the title over to her about a a month and a half ago, my lawyer advised me to sign over a vehicle in my fathers name(they used it together for 5 years and she still has the vehicle) to her as a gift, as it was probably his wishes and she had agreed to "leave us alone" if we did so, i finally got a duplicate title that would allow me to sign it over to her. my question is, can i just sign it over to her as a gift on the back of the title or do i need to draw up a letter that states it as a gift as per his wishes? my lawyer is trying to keep my costs down by having me do some of the easier processes myself..so any help would be great! thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">