• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to withdraw as co-personal representative?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Goloh

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My deceased uncle's will named a family friend and me as co-personal representatives. The other person lives in the same town as my uncle did, but I am overseas. I originally agreed to be co-p.r. in order to help protect that lady in making difficult decisions and to be a "reality check." She and I get along fine. However the attorney who has been handling this case has stopped all communication with me, without explanation to me or to her. The lady who is co-p.r. can and does see the attorney from time to time but she is confused about this, and on my side I am getting overly aggravated and frustrated about the attorney's refusal to communicate. I do not know anyone else in that town and have never met the attorney. If she gets along with the attorney, fine--but I do not want to be co-p.r. any more, as it is only leading to my desire to sue the lawyer--hardly a productive idea. How can I withdraw? Is there a way to petition the court in that town (the county seat)? Greatly appreciate advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">