• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I been waiting 3 weeks for a decision from the judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littleclassic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

When my father died in September, '08 and my uncle filed a will for probate, I hired an attorney who filed a motion for Formal Proof of Will. On Friday, March 20th at 9:30 am, it finally went to court - five months later. After hearing the testimony, the judge said she would review it and come to a decision that afternoon. It is now April 12th (more than 3 weeks later) and she still hasn't brought forth a decision on the validity of "the will". I have called my attorney a couple of times and he tells me he has not heard anything yet.
Is that normal? Does it often take several weeks for a judge to come to a decision on this kind of case?
I wonder if it is possible for the judge to have forgotten about the case.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">