• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I believe i am doomed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toxicmonkeylove

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? california

This is long & it might be a bit confusing, mastering the english language isnt my strong point. Here goes::

Dec 25 1993 mother passes away.
Mother owns home on 1 ¼ acres also owns 11/4 arcres lot
January 2 1994 retained attorney.
My father & I have been living in house
10 years past by

March 2004 father calls law enforcement stating I am making too much noise in the garage. After they arrive they sense that my father is not “ all there” they tell me I should get power of attoney, he overhears this & moves out of home.

October 2004 sister comes and visits says she and 2 brothers want to sell the house.

October 15 2004 I obtained a new attorney, brothers and sister retained lawyer to remove me as the executor of will.

October 23 2004 Home is listed with the real estate agent by youngest brother.

October 29 2004 Home is taken off market due to the fact that he is not executor of the will.

november 29 go to court, sibling's lawyer retract motion to remove me as executor of will. Judge gives OK to sell house and want us to check back the end of March, March 29.

There are two pieces of property that need to be sold (1) 1 ¼ acre that the house resides on: (2) 1 ¼ acre of undeveloped real estate. When the house was first listed wrongly by my brother it listed at $210,000, that was the price without the 1 ¼ acre of undeveloped real estate.

Sibling want to sell fast they want money.

December 14 I list the house with a realtor, and not knowing the end and outs of the real estate business. I put my faith in both realtor and my lawyer that we receive fair market value for the property.

December 19 House goes on the market and is sold before it even this listed on MLS. Asking price was 197,000. It sells 185,000 . siblings are happy , 185,000 is ok with them…..Unbeknownst to me, the acre & a quarter was amended into this deal.

The for sale sign & sold stickers go up on the property

Since I work out of the home. People who I do buisness with, would see the sold signs on the property. And they would ask what I got for it I would tell them the price, they then preceded tell me I should get my head checked & why did I gave the property away. after three days of this I quit telling people the price of the house. I then did some asking around to find out what the values should have been. The house should have been sold for approximately 200,000, without the additional 1 ¼ acre quarter undeveloped real estate. The acre in a quarter should catch another $50-$60000. After gathering all this information I presented this info to my lawyer who didn’t care to see it, she said I had already signed the deal & I should go & sign the escrow papers . And if I didn't signed them there is nothing else she can do for me and she would have to remove herself as my lawyer.

I didn't go in to signed the papers at the escrow office she has given notice that she is quitting me. I have been served more court papers from a sibling's attorney stating that they want to remove me as executor(court date march 22). I am really over a barrel now due to the fact that I cannot relist the house. I really don't want to lose $60,000-$100,000 in the sale of this real estate. .

Now I do not know what to do. The court date is March 22 I have not talked to my brothers and sister. For some reason they really seem to need money. They live on the East Coast . .

if you're interested I would be more than happy to send you have facts and figures and the location of the properties. I can also give you the names and numbers other realtors. That can better explain what is going on better than I can. And can vouch for the value of these properties

all I want is to sell the property at a fair market value
is there a way to delay this upcoming court date?
I don’t know if I could cut a deal with the judge, if they would give me 3 month to sell the house. I could get it sold for at least $60,000 more

Side Note:
I went to the exact same real estate franchise in another town 30 mi. away. And told them that I was interested in selling some land. After looking over some comps they figured a fair listing price for the 1 ¼ acre undeveloped real estate should probably sell around $80,000. I then told them I have a house on another acre in a quarter and I like to sell it also they came up with a figure of $197,000 for the house & it’s land. Then they saw that my mother’s house was in escrow. And would not say anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">