• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need Help Getting Inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sherrockjake

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA. MY BROTHER-N-LAW'S FATHER PASSED AWAY 1 YEAR 6 MONTHS AGO. MY SISTER & BROTHER-N-LAW LIVE IN ARKANSAS, HOWEVER, HIS DAD LIVED IN CALIFORNIA. HIS DAD MADE GOOD MONEY. THEY OBTAINED A CALIFORNIA LAWYER. HE ORIGINIALLY TOLD THEM IT APPEARED AS IF THERE WAS OVER $200,000 INHERITANCE. HE REQUESTED A $7500 TRUST TO HANDLE THEIR CASE. THE LAWYER RECEIVED THE SAVINGS ACCOUNT BALANCE OF OVER $15,000... SENT LESS THAN $5,000 TO MY SIS & HER HUSBAND. HE SENT THEM THE CHECKING ACCOUNT BALANCE. HE WILL NOT SURRENDER ANY DETAILED BILLING, NOR WILL HE LET THEM KNOW ABOUT ANY OTHER ASSETS. THEY ASKED THE LAWYER IF MY BROTHER-N-LAW WAS THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE ESTATE, THE LAWYER SAID NO HE IS THE SOLE AIR. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A YEAR. HOW DO MY SIS & HER HUSBAND GET THEIR MONEY? HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT ASSETS HE HAD? HOW DO THEY KNOW IF THE LAWYER IS TREATING THEM FAIRLY? IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. SHERRIE

Dandy Don

Send me an e-mail message (to my e-mail address shown below) that mentions the your brother-in-law's father's name, his date of death and city/state of death and his address if you know it. Also mention the name and address of the attorney who was handling things. Also mention your brother-in-law's name and city/state where he lives, so I can do some research to see exactly what was done with this probate case and give you some follow-up information and advice.

The lawyer could not give them full payment because the estate is still being probated and there are other expenses that must be paid first--taxes, court fees, etc. and it will take some time to manage the estate.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">