• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was in a relationship for approx 2 months. In that time this guy stole my car.The police called this a domestic Violence dispute and that this is a civil case. They did not consider my car stolen because I let him drive it ONE time.So the police let me down. Now after a couple of weeks go by he comes to my home banging on my door about to break it in. He said he needed my help so I opened the door. Yes, I know but at that time I still cared for him. Once he got inside he put a machette (a hugh knife) to my throught and was blaming me for things I did not do or even had knowledge about. Then he proceed into my bedroom were 3 days before I had purchased a video servalliance system and he took the screen and the dvr, and an expensive gold chain and my purse. He left and I called the police right away I also told her that he had this hugh knife to my throught. They took their time and I called back and I was told the officer is waiting for a backup I was so scared he was going to come back and I had said again he had this hugh knife to my throught and she said oh that was listed on the call the first time. Can you believe that. I get let down again by the police. I told them what type of vehicle he was driving hoping they could put an all points bulletin out but guess what, no they did not. So this guy steals approx 8-10,000 out of my house and he gets away with it. Unbelievable. Only in Arizona. Then in the meantime while I'm trying to find out if and where he's trading or selling my stuff for drugs his mother goes to court gets an injuction of harassment against me and gets it... can you believe that. I have been trying to get him served for over a month..... help I'm going crazy and I'm just about to take the law into my own hands. The detective doesn't call me back or maybe its not a proiroty again this time. But I called him and left a message telling him to forget it I'll take care of it myself. Because now I believe he is out of state. They take so long and in the mean time the mother is lying to the judge she could not prove any of these acts that I'm suspected to have done. help

seniorjudge

sheltielover said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was in a relationship for approx 2 months. In that time this guy stole my car.The police called this a domestic Violence dispute and that this is a civil case. They did not consider my car stolen because I let him drive it ONE time.So the police let me down. Now after a couple of weeks go by he comes to my home banging on my door about to break it in. He said he needed my help so I opened the door. Yes, I know but at that time I still cared for him. Once he got inside he put a machette (a hugh knife) to my throught and was blaming me for things I did not do or even had knowledge about. Then he proceed into my bedroom were 3 days before I had purchased a video servalliance system and he took the screen and the dvr, and an expensive gold chain and my purse. He left and I called the police right away I also told her that he had this hugh knife to my throught. They took their time and I called back and I was told the officer is waiting for a backup I was so scared he was going to come back and I had said again he had this hugh knife to my throught and she said oh that was listed on the call the first time. Can you believe that. I get let down again by the police. I told them what type of vehicle he was driving hoping they could put an all points bulletin out but guess what, no they did not. So this guy steals approx 8-10,000 out of my house and he gets away with it. Unbelievable. Only in Arizona. Then in the meantime while I'm trying to find out if and where he's trading or selling my stuff for drugs his mother goes to court gets an injuction of harassment against me and gets it... can you believe that. I have been trying to get him served for over a month..... help I'm going crazy and I'm just about to take the law into my own hands. The detective doesn't call me back or maybe its not a proiroty again this time. But I called him and left a message telling him to forget it I'll take care of it myself. Because now I believe he is out of state. They take so long and in the mean time the mother is lying to the judge she could not prove any of these acts that I'm suspected to have done. help
What is your legal question about probate for us?

Dandy Don

Your question should have been posted in the FAMILY LAW section under the Domestic Violence message board, so delete this one and post it there.

(1) Did you make an official report at the police department about the theft of the car AND of the stolen video surveillance equipment? If you haven't done so, then you need to do so now. And INSIST on making a report about the stolen car--just because you gave him permission to use it once does not mean you automatically consented to him taking it out of state!!

(2) Did you file a complaint of domestic violence against him regarding the holding of the knife to your throat? If you didn't, then you need to file a restraining order against him so that you can use it as evidence if he comes back again, which is a bit unlikely now since let's hope he doesn't plan on coming back into the state for a long time.

You should also contact any local groups/organizations in your city/area that are involved in fighting domestic violence/spousal abuse, for support on what to do and how to plan on having a safe, anonymous place to go next time he comes back to your house, and they also have access to legal counsel who can advise you about how to proceed.

As far as the baseless harrassment case that mother-in-law has against you, if you are secure in the knowledge that her accusations are all lies (probably your boyfriend put her up to it to help make you try to look bad), then hold your head up high and eventually the falsehoods of her allegations will come to light and if you have done nothing wrong then you don't have anything to worry about.

nextwife

And for heaven's sake, DON'T keep quantities of CASH around your house! You had $10,000 on premises? OMG! Why not have it invested in funds, CDs and money market accounts? NOBODY can walk off with cash from you when you don't have accessable accounts.

anteater

nextwife said:
And for heaven's sake, DON'T keep quantities of CASH around your house! You had $10,000 on premises? OMG! Why not have it invested in funds, CDs and money market accounts? NOBODY can walk off with cash from you when you don't have accessable accounts.
Druggies prefer liquidity.

Dandy Don

Please read the post again. She is not saying she had $8-10,000 cash laying around--she is implying that that is the value of the video surveillance equipment he took.

Arizona

What does that mean? drugges prefer liquitity?

No. Actually I'm very glad you brought this up. Because this all started because I told him he is not to bring drugs into my home again. and we kind of had our 1st fit. If you must know the whole truth. But no, it's not a fit between 2 druggees.

Also, let me just tell you he is 24 years old and I'm almost 50 years old. I look dam good for my age I'll have you know and its not because I do drugs....

And even if I did, does that still give him the right to steal my car and stuff around my house?

Does that still give him the right to come into my house after telling me at the door he needs my help and I do not see a weapon or even thought that he would do this to me so I open the door?

Please folks even if I did, that does not give the police the right to dismiss this charge or not take this seriously.....

Dandy Don said:
Please read the post again. She is not saying she had $8-10,000 cash laying around--she is implying that that is the value of the video surveillance equipment he took.
Thank you. yes thats exactly right. Plus jewelry and other stuff around my house so he could sell or trade.

But this is sick. the whole concept of what he did to me actually I believe I was scamed...

sheltielover said:
Arizona
Also, let me just tell you he is 24 years old and I'm almost 50 years old. I look dam good for my age I'll have you know
Sounds like it was your liquid assets that were lookin' good granny...:rolleyes:

Some people will "do" anyone for some drugs. :p

Excuse me. I'm not ugly. For your little mind, there are people in this world who live on scamming people. Have you not heard of that. I'm not ugly and like I said I'm 49 years old but I look alot younger, 38 to 45. You are just jealous because either you do not look as good or you can't get someone younger or maybe you wish you wife looked good.

s o r r y************** we all can't have everything.

sheltielover said:
Excuse me. I'm not ugly. For your little mind, there are people in this world who live on scamming people. Have you not heard of that. I'm not ugly and like I said I'm 49 years old but I look alot younger, 38 to 45. You are just jealous because either you do not look as good or you can't get someone younger or maybe you wish you wife looked good.

s o r r y************** we all can't have everything.
lol I'm not jealous, and frankly the scam only works if the narcissist that you are scamming thinks that your only after their fine piece of @$$ and not their assets.

Keep thinking the way your thinking Granny, and you'll be ripe for the picking of the next con man that comes along.

AHA

sheltielover said:
I look dam good for my age I'll have you know and its not because I do drugs....
I hope you are not saying that doing drugs makes people look young and beautiful, because if that's what you are implying, you MUST be high as a kite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">